Volunteers are welcome to help the Organiser at weekly group meetings or assist the Centre Coordinator in carrying out office duties that support the groups
Optional volunteer duties within 3 months of attendance
- Help the Organiser set up and pack down at the beginning and end of group meetings.
- Offer to keep in touch with fellow group members who would appreciate a friendly phone call or visit.
- Assist with your groups hosting of the Area Social or Group Social.
- Offer your vehicle and be the driver for transporting members to camps and social events.
- Offer to be a support person to group leaders when they promote the group or GROW in general e.g. at public events i.e. talks and display tables.
- Offer to help fundraise e.g. Warehouse or Mitre10 sausage sizzles.
At the Centre
- Offer to do light cleaning or tidying duties, particularly after a training event or social e.g. wash & dry dishes, tidy and put away vacuum. The next day or so: wash floors, clean toilets/hand basins, wash & dry tea towels.
- Ongoing general Centre maintenance as required e.g. Clean windows, weed garden, clean fridge, defrost freezer, clean oven, clean BBQ, clean shower, make beds, vacuum couches.
- Light office duties e.g. computer work, filing, photocopying, scanning, assisting coordinator especially in the days leading up to a weekend camp & training day.
Optional volunteer duties after 3 months of attendance
- Make it known that you can be the extra person available when required to make a group quorum (3 people) in a group other than your own. (But first, seek the permission of your own group Organiser and the Organiser of the group you want to support).
- Offer to be the understudy for roles of Group Recorder, Organiser, Sponsor, Treasurer, Centre Coordinator or other tasks.
- Offer your spoken GROW testimony in the group or as a written submission for the newsletter.
- Write interesting and encouraging articles for the newsletter.
- Assist the Centre Coordinator edit or produce the newsletter.
- Attend COGS public meetings and be an understudy for writing online grant applications.
- Be the understudy for leaders at public speaking events promoting GROW or at GROW training day talks.
Volunteer duties after two or three years (the years is an approximate guide only)
- Lead and organise training talks.
- Serve and represent fellow members and groups at O&R, Area Program & NPT meetings.
- Train upcoming members to assist with public talks promoting GROW.
- Offer to convene GROW weekend camps.
- Be available when called upon to fulfill any number of roles in the organization.
- Learn creative ways of delegating tasks and walking alongside so that you can “be on tap but not on top”.
Volunteer duties also wanted according to your profession or trade
At Group, Centre or Remotely
- IT or computer skills e.g. maintain a website and Facebook page.
- Handyman, builder, plumber, electrician, painter, lawns and hedge trimming.
- Lawyer, Accountant, Writer, Journalist.
Ready to Make a Change?
Join GROW as a volunteer, your contribution can make a difference in society
Contact us or call us to join GROW groups